05 March 2011

obligatory awkward first post

I wonder how many cliches I can fit into this first post.

Hi. My name is Kayla. I'm a college student in Southern California with a tendency to procrastinate. I initially mistyped "procrastinate" as "procreate," which would have given this blog an entirely different first impression. I am on a path of self-discovery. I think. Also, I like profanity.

So, why blog? A couple years ago, I tried fashion blogging. As you can see from my staggering 22 whole posts (please don't look at them), I was not great at it. The pressure kind of freaked me out, and to be honest, it felt really contrived. But I keep having this nagging feeling that I should still be blogging. I think the reason I stopped fashion blogging was because I didn't want to commit to one specific genre of blogging. Or I was really lazy. Whatever.

I decided to start this blog on a whim, mainly because I don't want to read a 300-page book today, nor do I want to write about a subject that bears no real meaning on my life at this moment. Sometimes, I get inspired and just want to write, but find myself impotent because I don't have anywhere to put my thoughts, and no one who really wants to listen.

My point is, I am compelled. I need an outlet. I don't even care if no one reads this post, or any post that is yet to come. I just need to write. So I will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment